Title: Logistics Supervisor
Would you like to work for a specialised provider of integrated logistics services as their Logistics Supervisor?
Our client provides highly customized end-to-end logistics and supply chain solutions critical to its customer’s success. With their best-in-class solutions, leading edge technology, innovative thinking and design deliver important cost savings and a strong competitive advantage to a broad customer base, consisting of companies in various sectors like automotive and technology.
Our client is a close partner to major OEMs and with operations in more than 25 countries, employing approximately 12,000 employees in over 90 operations. They have experienced significant growth through both organic and acquisitions. The organization is a trusted advisor to many Fortune 500 organizations and is focused on enhancing and expanding existing and new relationship in target markets.
We are recruiting for a Logistics Supervisor (Release and Follow Up Supervisor). The main job tasks will be:
· Provide support, mentoring and guidance to the RFU analysts.
· Responsible for the day to day management of all decks of parts, ensuring that Release and Follow Up Analysts are following process and confirming material is available to cover export requirements at all times.
· Responsible for ensuring that the RFU escalation process has been robustly followed. Confirm that countermeasures are in place for all issues raised and that corrective actions are delegated to the appropriate RFU Analysts. Responsible for confirming that corrective actions have been implemented.
· Confirm that Premium Freight / Emergency Part process is followed by all analysts.
· Confirm that analysts have responded to any issue flagged up by stores operatives, to include stock losses, quality issues and supplier short shipments.
· Ensure Hot Parts Tracker is updated in real time.
· Ensure the suppliers in distress are managed in line with current their customers process.
· Ensure fluid communication is maintained with our clients customers RFU Supervisor.
· Manage the update of BPD board to confirm status of departmental KPI. Ensure any issues are captured on the departmental CCAR document.
· To raise a PPS document for any Premium Freight attributed to client cost. Route-cause all issues, ensuring corrective actions are identified and implemented.
· Ensure follow analysts are managing problem suppliers through the SPEEDY process.
· Ensure smooth introduction of engineering changes / model year part introduction.
· Manage the training needs of the department using SWS and training sign off documentation. Implement training plans to maximize employee flexibility.
· Identify CIP opportunities for current processes to ensure customer expectations are met and exceeded as well as eliminating complexity and duplication.
· Warehousing with supervisory experience to a fast moving Just in time (JIT) environment. (preferably in the automotive or similar industry)
· Able to communicate at a management level with good written and verbal skills. A good understanding of mathematical based analytical, computer literate in Microsoft™ Word, Excel and PowerPoint. (Access would be advantages)
· Material flow analysis and inventory management skills
· Knowledge of working with ISO quality standards, and core problem solving and root cause analysis skills.
· Ability and motivational skills to promote health and safety, lean thinking, achieving KPI targets
· Qualification or equivalent accredited by Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) desirable.
To progress your career, click on the apply button below.