£23000 – £26000
The overall purpose of the designer is to prepare and produce manufacture and installation drawings for fabrication and construction. The designer is to work alongside our client’s design team to ensure the designs are approved prior to release of manufacture drawings and site-specific installation drawings.
The designer will report directly to the Estimating & Design Manager. It is the designer’s duty to communicate with the client both verbally and through written instruction to gain approval for the construction drawings.
A key role of the designer is to communicate with all departments and ensure all information is available for the successful installation.
· To create manufacturing drawings and material schedules for fabrication.
· To create construction drawings for installation.
· To be responsive to on site queries and efficiently solve issues arising from site derived idiosyncrasies.
· To be responsive to administrative and in-house queries relating to scheduling of materials.
· To update the Design Department Workflow to ensure visibility of projects to other departments
· Other duties may be required of you that are not specific to your role
To understand and follow the companies’ health and safety policy documents and conform to duties under the Health and Safety at Work Act:
Section 7 Take care of the health and safety of themselves and others who may be affected by their acts or omissions; and
Co-operate with their employer, as far as is necessary, to ensure compliance with any statutory health and safety duty.
Section 8 Not to misuse anything provided for health, safety or welfare purposes
KNOWLEDGE / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
· A*-C Grade in English and Maths at GCSE level or Similar.
· Confident IT skills, proficient use of AutoCAD 2010 and MS OFFICE
· Ability to read and understand technical drawings.
· Excellent Communication skills both written and verbal.
· 1Years experience in a similar role.
COMPETENCIES / CAPABILITIES
· Maintain quality of work
· Ability to work to tight timescales
· Good communication skills
· The ability to follow strict health and safety guidelines
· Excellent communication skills and ability to engage with Stakeholders at all levels
· Positive attitude, willing to work flexibly to meet the needs of the business
· Good organisational skills; able to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines and targets where appropriate
· Promote a responsible and professional image at all times
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £23,000.00 to £260,000.00 /year
CAD Designer Worcestershire £23000 – £26000 structal domestic and commercial